Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Reflections

It's the end of my day and there's so much to process from what happened. I usually write in the morning when things seem fresh and I have a goal for the day. Today, I'm writing when things have already happened. There's a part of me that wants to reflect and analyze the happenings of the day, but the other part of me wants to move forward, get a good nights sleep and think about what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.
So, I do want to quickly reflect today. I spent most of my morning in fear of something that was unknown. I was embarrassed of my feelings because to me, it's not necessary to be scared of something that is not yet known to be true. I felt stupid, but I WAS scared. Turns out, there was nothing to worry about. I received results that state I am "normal", or at least my brain is. My day following that phone call was easy. I was back in my "in the moment" mentality and I felt I role modelled that well.
Today taught me that I need to set my goals in the morning instead of going though my day and analyzing what I could have done differently. Tomorrow, I will get up and plan my day. I will have a focus and I will have goals. I will do my best to meet my goals and I will hold myself accountable.
Tonight, I will go to bed and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment