Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Motivational Rant

I haven't written in over 2 months. I also haven't been exercising in about that long either, but I've been thinking about both. That's my thing with exercise...I think, I plan, I lack in the execution. I do really well at setting goals, but am easily distracted and can create excuses that leave me with no time to exercise. Well, wouldn't you have it that I have a NEW reason to be motivated...a summer vacation!
The vacation is 3.5 months away. I have 30 lbs to eliminate. I did the math and it calculates to about 1.94 lbs per week. Each day, I have a specific amount of cardio that I need to complete. I have given myself a day of the week to rest. I have even planned the times to be at the gym, specific machines to use, and how many repetitions. And now, here comes my reality. I MUST workout after work everyday. This sounds very achievable as I'm typing, yet when 5:00p rolls around and I'm driving home, I just want to get home. Then I skip a day, thinking that I'll be motivated the next day, bargaining with myself, blah blah blah.
This cycle is something that I have been battling for quite some time and it's not just with exercise. Staying motivated is difficult. Staying motivated throughout the day is difficult.
Another thing I tend to do is think "it would be easier if..." IF WHAT??? Geez, I just need to do this now.
Today's plan: 20 minutes of Strength Training, 10 minutes of Abs, and finally 30 minutes of Cardio. I'll be on the treadmill, moving my legs and going nowhere...literally, and hopefully not figuratively as well.
Rainbows and Happy Beans, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment